One of Burberry's newest Lip Glows for spring is Coral No. 22. In the tube, this gorgeous gloss looks reddish-orange with a pink iridescence. When swatched on my skin it looks like a dark coral that leans pink. On my pigmented lips it's much warmer and leans orange. You can find my original swatches here.
This gloss is semi-sticky, not as sticky as MAC Lipglass, but not as slippery as Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss. Lip Glows have a fruity-perfumed scent which is hard for me to describe other than the Burberry beauty scent, which I actually enjoy. The micro shimmers in this gloss are so fine that I didn't detect any grittiness. This gloss doesn't dry out my lips nor does it make my lips peel (a feat since my usually dry lips chap very easily). With drinking, this gloss lasted about 2 1/2 hours on me and left a mild stain.
I wanted to create a simple spring look that incorporated another spring addition--Hydrangea Pink, one of Burberry's newest and very pigmented blushes. I kept the eyes simple and focused on my lashes.
For this look, I really wanted to keep my eyes simple but fresh. I applied a sheer wash of lilac shadow all over my lid. I curled my lashes and applied two coats of volumizing mascara. I then lined my eyes with gold to make my lashes pop and finished with a hint of champagne-colored shadow to my tear ducts to illuminate my eyes. I love how pigmented Hydrangea Pink is, and because Coral adds a slight tint to my lips, I decided to be generous with my blush application, applying it heavily to the apples of my cheeks and bringing it up to my temples.
You can actually see how cool Hydrangea Pink is, especially when paired with Coral, which leans warm. I'm pointing this out because Hydrangea Pink and Coral Pink look very similar when swatched on my cheeks (check out my side-by-side comparison here).
- Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-hour Primer, Medium and Tan
- Clinique Airbrush Concealer, 02 Medium
- Burberry 'Siren Red Light Glow' Natural Blush, Hydrangea Pink No. 10
- Burberry Fresh Glow (used as a highlighter)
- Tarte SmolderEyes waterproof liner, Gold (similar here)
- Tarte Waterproof Shadow Stick, Taupe
- MAC eyeshadow, Rice Paper
- BareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 2.0, The Phenomenon
- Maybelline Colossal Volum' waterproof mascara
- Burberry Lip Glow, Coral No. 22Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed this look.
I'm ready for spring, aren't you?!