This post is long overdue as I am nearing the end of my two-week abroad trip. Usually my travels are for pleasure, but this one was for business. I knew I would be working long hours in a building with circulated air (ugh) as well as spending free time in mild humid weather.
I typically pack my travel makeup bag in the same way with a few tweaks depending on what products I'm loving at the moment. Must-have staples for me include:
- a waterproof brow pencil (I won't leave my hotel room with sparse brows)
- eyelash curler for days when I'm lazy but still want to look bright-eyed
- MAC pencil in coffee which stays put for me through any water activity
- sheer lip pencils/products because I like to keep it light in warmer summer-type weather
- cream shadows and blushes because it's easier to apply over my sunblock and I prefer these in humid environments
- mattifying powder because I don't like looking like a greaseball
- a mascara for simple everyday and one for more glam
- concealer and de-potted eye cream
- only essential brushes (powder, blush, and undereye)
- pencil sharpener
- travel mask (new in my travel bag but after a wonderful experience that I just reviewed, now a must-have)
There you have it, a peek inside my makeup bag overseas. What are your staples?